2010 - Present
2010 Loyola announces its ReImagine Campaign to update the campus. Damen Hall is demolished and is replace by Cuneo Hall, a classroom building in the style of Cudahy Science Hall and Dumbach Hall. Construction begins on the Norville Intercollegiate Athletic Center, an addition to the Gentile Center. Wright Hall, former home of the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Mundelein College, is purchased by Loyola.
2011 Alumni Gym is demolished.
2011 March 2011 The Norville Center for Intercollegiate Athletics on the Lake Shore Campus is opened. This three-story building is the new home for student-athletes, coaches, and Athletic Department staff. Norville includes fully furnished locker rooms, state-of-the-art fitness equipment, and a Loyola Athletics Wall of Fame.
- 2011 Gentile Arena is remodeled to include true stadium seating, a new concourse, and upgraded concessions and restrooms.
2012 Cuneo Hall is completed.
2012 The School of Business Administration is renamed the Michael R. Quinlan School of Business, named in honor of alumnus (PhB '67, MBS '70), chairman of the Loyola's board of Trustees and former CEO and chairman of the board of McDonald's Corporation following a $40-million gift.
2012 The new Neihoff School of Nursing building opens September 29th on the Medical Campus at Maywood. The center is adjacent to the Stritch School of Medicine and a 180-seat lecture hall, and has an integrated learning environment featuring an electronic health sciences library, a light-filled atrium for studying, a café set among gardens where students, faculty, and staff can gather, nursing classrooms; administrative offices, a state-of-the-art clinical simulation center with a six-bed virtual hospital, and home-care environment.
2012-2013 Mundelein Center renovation is completed. Renovations beyond classroom space included construction of Newhart Family Theatre, new glass was installed in the greenhouse on the 7th floor, and a multipurpose glass room called "Palm Court" was added.
2013 In April the Arnold J. Damen, S.J. Student Center opened in the area formerly occupied by Alumni Gyn. The LEED certified building replaced Centennial Forum Student Union and features a climbing wall, restaurants, lounge spaces, and a movie theatre.
2013 July Loyola Athletics joins Missouri Valley Conference.
2013 New student dorms de Nobli Hall and San Francisco Hall open.
2013 September The Institute of Environmental Sustainability opens with Nancy Tuchman, PhD, as the founding director. The complex is comprised of three buildings: Blessed Virgin Mary Hall (BVM Hall), which was converted from a residence hall into faculty offices; San Francisco Hall, a 410-bed residence hall; and the Ecodome, which includes academic rooms, and labs, for programs such as the lauded biodiesel program’s Clean Energy Lab.
2013 November 24 The 1962-1963 Loyola Ramblers Men's Basketball team was inducted into the The National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame.
- 2014 May The Loyola Men's Volleyball team defeats Stanford University to win the NCAA Championship, the first NCAA Championship at Loyola since the 1963 Basketball title.
- 2015 March Loyola President Fr. Garanzini announces he will step down as President and continue his service to Loyola as Chancellor on July 1, 2015. Provost John Pelissero, Ph.D. will serve as Interim President.
- 2015 April 1 The Loyola Men's Basketball team defeats University of Louisiana-Monore to win the College Basketball Invitational title.
- 2015 May 9 The Loyola Men's Volleyball team defeats Lewis University to their second straight NCAA Championship title.
- 2015 August 17 First day for the 159 students in the inaugural class at Arrupe College of Loyola University Chicago.
- 2015 August 27 The John and Kathy Schreiber Center, the new home of Loyola’s Quinlan School of Business, officially opened.
- 2016 Dr. Jo Ann Rooney was named the 24th president of Loyola University Chicago on May 23. Dr. Rooney is the first lay president in the University’s 146-year history and will officially join Loyola on August 1, 2016.
2018 - Loyola's Men's Basketball team makes it to the Final Four in the NCAA Basketball Championship
- First Round: Loyola defeats Miami 64 to 62
- Second Round: Loyola defeats Tennessee 63 to 62
- Sweet Sixteen: Loyola defeats Nevada 69 to 68
- Elite Eight: Loyola defeats Kansas St. 78 to 62
- Final Four: Loyola loses to Michigan 69 to 57